Turf Enhancement Project at GFA
GFA's new turf fields have already dramatically impacted our athletic program as they were put to great use during the Fall pre-season's crucial two weeks.
The addition of a second turf field and improvement of the original field, have allowed for simultaneous practice and play time for our teams. Our women's soccer team hosted the Trinity School Wednesday (and won 1-0!), all while the field hockey team practiced next door. The enhancement has significantly increased time spent practicing for our teams by cutting out transition time from sport to sport. Three rainy days during pre-season, that would have forced our athletes inside in the past, were no sweat for teams and coaches who practiced, on their fields, in the rain!
Construction is underway on the state-of-the-art practice field and half-track and is projected to be completed by the end of September.
We are so pleased to see what an obvious and important impact the turf enhancement has made for our school and athletes and look forward to sharing more as the project is completed. Check out some shots of our Dragons gearing up for winning seasons on the new fields.
- Why does GFA need to renovate its existing artificial turf field?
- Why does GFA need to increase its artificial turf footprint?
- Will the new surfaces be safe, both for student-athletes and the environment?
- What is the impact on the environment?
- What does adding artificial playing surfaces make possible at GFA?
- How would the addition of the half-track enhance GFA’s athletic offerings?
- What impact will this have on GFA’s athletic program?
- What is the life expectancy of a newly installed FieldTurf field now?