Turf Enhancement Project at GFA
With deep appreciation, GFA recognizes our turf field and track donors and thanks them for their incredible generosity.
Our new turf fields have already had an incredible impact on our athletic program.
The addition of a second turf field and improvement of the original field, have allowed for simultaneous practice and play time for our teams. The enhancement has significantly increased time spent practicing for our teams by cutting out transition time from sport to sport. Three rainy days during pre-season, that would have forced our athletes inside in the past, are no sweat for teams and coaches who practice on their fields in the rain.
Construction is now complete on the state-of-the-art practice field and half-track. We are so pleased to see what an obvious and important impact the turf enhancement has made for our school and athletes and look forward to years of continuous use of these wonderful additions to our campus.
- Why does GFA need to renovate its existing artificial turf field?
- Why does GFA need to increase its artificial turf footprint?
- Will the new surfaces be safe, both for student-athletes and the environment?
- What is the impact on the environment?
- What does adding artificial playing surfaces make possible at GFA?
- How would the addition of the half-track enhance GFA’s athletic offerings?
- What impact will this have on GFA’s athletic program?
- What is the life expectancy of a newly installed FieldTurf field now?