We consider each student’s application need-blind, without regard to financial aid status. We maintain a financial aid budget of about $4.1 million, dedicated exclusively to families who demonstrate financial need. Our average aid grant is $32,000 per year. Our goal: A campus that reflects the diversity of our region. And a dynamic, pluralistic education in which every voice matters.
125 of the 715 students receive a financial grant
The average grant is $32,000.
The total FA budget is $4.1 million.
Applications are considered without regard to financial aid status.
Gross Household Income for Families Receiving Financial Aid
The family has five children. Two of the children attend college, one is applying to ninth grade and there are two younger siblings in public school. One parent is employed as a business executive and earns $500,000; the other parent is self-employed and earns $40,000. The children attending college will be required to pay $102,000 after their financial aid grant and scholarships are applied to the tuition.
Tuition for grade 9: $48,030
Estimated grant: $11, 630
Family Contribution: $35,000
The family is applying for kindergarten and third grade. One parent is a financial planner and earns $80,000. The other parent is a graphic designer and earns $60,000. The family owns their own home and has $10,000 in liquid investments and an IRA totaling $95,000.
Tuition for kindergarten: $40,860
Tuition for grade 3: $43,350
Estimated grant: $74,340
Family Contribution: $8,610
The family is applying to seventh and tenth grades. The parents are divorced. One parent is a regional manager for a local pharmaceutical company and earns $325,000. The other parent has recently remarried, works as an educator, and earns $30,036. The parents have shared custody. Both children are involved in extracurricular activities with fees averaging $5,000.
Tuition for grade 7: $45,520
Tuition for grade 10: $48,030
Estimated grant: $29,610
Family Contribution: $61,210
- Financial Aid Guiding Principles
- How do I apply for a financial aid grant from GFA?
- My taxes will not be completed by the financial aid application deadline. How should I proceed?
- Is financial aid available to PreK families?
- I am divorced and my ex-spouse has no responsibility for my child’s education according to the court order.
- I have never applied for financial aid before at an independent school. Do you have any tips or advice?
- If my family receives a financial aid grant, does that mean I will get the grant for the following years as well?
- If I do not qualify for a financial aid grant, may I apply later?