Moving Beyond Healing Conference
Moving beyond healing to create affirming, joyful, and culturally centered learning environments for Black students.
This 1-day conference is designed to foster dialogue, share innovative solutions, and provide practical tools for ALL educators (teachers, administrators, DEIB practitioners, counselors, learning specialists, coaches and others) who seek knowledge and best practices for supporting Black students to thrive in independent schools.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Dr. Daryl Howard, Maryland State Department of Education Task Force on Equity and Excellence for Black Boys
- 8:00 AM: Arrival & Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 AM: Conference Begins
- 9:00 AM: Keynote Speaker - Dr. Daryl Howard, Maryland State Department of Education Task Force on Equity and Excellence for Black Boys
- 10:30 AM: Concurrent Workshops - Block I
- 11:45 AM: Lunch
- 1:00 PM: Concurrent Workshops - Block II
- 2:15 PM: Fireside Chat with Cole Brown, author, Greyboy: Finding Blackness in a White World and Kendra James, author, Admissions: A Memoir of Surviving Boarding School
- 3:15 PM: Closing Reflection
- 3:30 PM: Wine & Bites Reception
- 4:30 PM: Conference Ends