Greens Farms Academy is coeducational, PreK-12, independent day school built around a diverse, collegial, and inspiring faculty. At all levels we look for teachers who have deep expertise in their disciplines, are passionate about working with young people, lean into technology, and value lifelong learning. We are particularly interested in candidates who bring a global outlook and recognize the strength inherent in a diverse, inclusive community.
GFA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and budgets generous funds annually for professional development. GFA is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state, and local laws, which prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and veteran status.
Greens Farms Academy is coeducational, PreK-12, independent day school built around a diverse, collegial, and inspiring faculty. At all levels, we look for teachers who have deep expertise in their disciplines, are passionate about working with young people, lean into technology, and value lifelong learning. We are particularly interested in candidates who bring a global outlook and recognize the strength inherent in a diverse, inclusive community.
The Alumni Relations Manager position is an opportunity to leverage communications, event management, relationship building, and social media skills, in an effort to build a robust alumni relations program that will ultimately feed into Greens Farms Academy’s fundraising initiatives. This position reports to the Director of Advancement and Community Relations.
The Alumni Relations Manager is responsible for the following:
- Expand and execute existing alumni relations program for an active and increasingly engaged alumni community
- Build relationships among alumni, and between the alumni community and GFA
- Develop and execute alumni events, including annual alumni event calendar, and planning and marketing events locally and nationally
- Manage the Alumni Council, including its involvement and support of the overarching alumni strategy and goals
- Recruit and manage alumni speakers for key events including Senior Class events and Career Assembly
- Develop and implement a social media strategy for the alumni community on Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, and other forms of media as appropriate
- Create, post, and track content and make recommendations for additional social media impact
- Actively recruit alumni to social media groups
- Create and manage communications schedule for alumni relations; create content, work with Communications Department, and manage proofing and printing of all written and electronic materials
- Work with Communications Department to develop content for alumni magazine; organize the collection of class notes for the Alumni magazine biannually
- Maintain the alumni database on an ongoing basis, soliciting and updating alumni information
- Update and maintain alumni relations content for the school website
- Track expenses and manage alumni relations budget
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor degree, plus three to five years experience in advancement, alumni relations, communications, or similar field. Independent school experience is a plus.
- Ability to utilize various social media platforms, understanding the purpose and best use of each different platform
- Some knowledge of web design concepts and basic HTML
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple events and deadlines simultaneously
- Experience working with databases, and willingness to learn a new database as appropriate
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
FLSA Status: Exempt
Typical Level of Interaction: This position requires strong interaction with all school personnel as well as various service providers.
Other Qualifications: All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check and TB screening.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to listen, physically direct, and speak. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 15 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com or fax 203-349-7151. No phone calls please
Greens Farms Academy welcomes applications for substitute teachers in the Lower, Middle, and Upper Schools. Ideal candidates will have teaching experience, expertise in their content area, the ability to teach across grades, a passion for working with students, and a commitment to fostering a diverse community.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and list of references (if available) addressed to Chris Kolovos, Assistant Head of School for Academic Affairs, to firstname.lastname@example.org.