Posted 11/22/2015 08:05AM
GFA's signature Seed-to-Table program is an integral part of the PreK curriculum. As part of the program, this fall the students made numerous visits to the organic garden, to discover a wide variety of crops, study the structure and function of plants, and to harvest crops. They continued their explorations during a field trip to the Westport Farmers' Market, where they were inspired to create a market of their own.
Posted 11/22/2015 08:00AM
Each November, GFA's Community Service Day sends upper school students to area schools and nonprofits to volunteer their time, learning the many ways they can help members of their community who are in need.
Posted 11/13/2015 09:02AM
Westport architect Roger Ferris, presented to GFA Upper School students this week in the new Performing Arts Center designed by his firm, Roger Ferris + Partners. Proud of the "green" aspects of the design, Ferris detailed the recyclable materials, ways of filtering water, and measures to protect the nearby salt marsh that they put in place. All have contributed to an 18,000-square-foot sustainable building with minimal carbon footprint. Watch the video to learn more.
- MonNov30 School Resumes for All Students
- TueDec01 Workshop on Financial Aid for GFA 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMLower School Assembly Room
- WedDec02 PreK, Kindergarten and 1st Grade Sneak Peek 8:30 AM to 10:00 AMOak Room
- ThuDec03 Individual Photo Retake Day 10:00 AM to 2:00 PMDragon Den (Room H027)
- ThuDec03 State of the School 7:00 PM to 9:00 PMPerforming Arts Center Theater
- SunDec06 Hanukkah Begins at Sundown
- TueDec08 Formal Uniform (Middle School & Upper School)
- TueDec08 Middle & Upper School Von Kohorn Address 8:55 AM to 9:55 AMCoyle Gym
- WedDec09 Middle & Upper School Choral Concert 7:00 PM to 8:30 PMPerforming Arts Center Theater